Monday, July 18, 2011

Everything you learned in kindergarten doesn't apply in Washington DC.

OMG people! My kids can't stand each other and yet when one has something the other one wants, they STILL manage to get along better than you! What happened to share, play nice and take turns? Can't we all just get along?? Apparently we can't, now that the party of "I Get What I Want or I Will Take My Ball and Go Home" has moved in to the beltway. (BTW, when one person or person attempts to exert control with a my-way-or-the-highway standard policy, I'm pretty sure that's called blackmail, or maybe extortion - I get the two mixed up......I'm just saying. )

Basically there are two schools of thought in Washington right now: either cut back on spending (only) or cut back on spending and raise revenue. MILLIONS of households are in a similiar situation, albeit on a smaller scale. Ask any of them how they have managed during this recession and I bet all of them will tell you it has been with the combo-plan: lose the movie channels, take public transit; get a part time job, ask for that promotion....why is it that the average people can balance thier budgets better than the people we pay to do the same thing for the nation? Is it really that hard?

While the "leaders of the free world" shackle themselves with assinine promises to never compromise (which sounds like a great excuse to do nothing), and glorious phrases like "now is our chance to do something big" the rest of us wait for them to get the country's fiscal house in order. You know why businesses aren't hiring, why home builders aren't building, why high school graduates aren't heading off to college just yet? One word: uncertainty. No one knows what to expect and no one wants to be the lead lemming. So we wait.

Dear Washington,

Give us something we can count on. Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little. If you need advice, you can call my kids.

Signed,

America

No comments:

Post a Comment